As the year draws to a close many of us will start to reflect on our health and well-being. What did we get right this year? Which of our new year’s resolutions did we stick to? Improving your well-being is all about creating healthy habits, so here come some options to help you out!
1 | Eat To Lift Your Mood
What we eat has a huge impact on our wellbeing, not just physically but mentally. If you’re looking to lift your mood and feel fabulous, focus on a few of these mood-boosting treats:
- Fermented Foods: To boost your mood in no time, you’ll want to include plenty of fermented foods in your diet. Try kombucha, kefir, or yogurt. All of these foods can improve both mood and digestive health.
- Bananas: These tasty fruits are packed with B6, and it’s this vitamin that supports the synthesis of serotonin and dopamine.
- Berries: Whether it’s blueberries, goji berries, or raspberries, all of these are packed with antioxidants, which help to prevent oxidative stress and lift the mood.
2 | Stress Coping
Stress is one of the worst things for both mental and physical health; unchecked stress can lead to several health conditions, including depression, anxiety, heart problems, and high blood pressure. To keep yourself nice and healthy, what you need are a few stress coping tactics. You could try exercise, especially yoga, meditation, acupuncture, or simply writing your feelings down.
3 | Remember Your Health Checks
Remembering your health checks should be part of any self-care routine. Whether it’s eye tests, hearing tests, or a full physical exam, it’s important to book regular health visits. Conditions such as hearing loss are usually gradual and hard to detect in the beginning. For this reason, it’s best to see an audiologist at least every 1-2 years. Those experiencing signs of hearing loss should book in more frequent visits.
4 | Keep On Learning
Learning new things helps us develop in all areas of our lives, whether our personal lives, relationships, or careers. To boost your wellbeing, choose an area of focus and give yourself a new challenge. Your learning journey will depend on your personal goals, but it could be anything from a work-based course to dance classes or learning a language. You might like to join a club or simply challenge yourself to watch more TED Talks!
5 |Improve Your Fitness Regime
- Sworkit: The Sworkit fitness app has plenty of great classes to help you lose weight, get toned, and build stamina. Here there are 800+ exercises for body weight and small equipment.
- Nike Training Club: This is a free app for various workouts; whether you want aerobics, yoga, bodyweight, or HIIT, you’ll find something to suit you!
For further app options try Shred, Glo or My Fitness Pal.