The Lemon – Refreshing +Uplifting!
The lemon has numerous uses but one of my favorite is in a DIY lemon sugar scrub cube! The fragrance is fresh, uplifting, and vibrant. Contrary to popular belief, lemons are “in-season” from November to March. For me, I think of lemons more in the spring and summer – Lemonade, Lemon Bars, Lemon Meringue – you get my drift!
Here in Southern Middle Tennessee, Mother Nature couldn’t make up her mind about whether she wanted us to have a spring this year or not. To get the May flowers, we must first have the April showers, right? If you’re wanting to get into the spirit of warmer weather, then I highly suggest putting on your DIY hat and jumping into this fun project!
- ½ C. White Granulated Sugar
- ½ C. Coconut Oil
- ¼ C. Shea butter
- 5 drops of Almond Oil
- 5-10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 5-10 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 5-10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5-10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2-4 drops yellow food coloring
- Soap Mold or container
- Place the coconut oil in microwave until melted.
- In a large bowl, add white sugar
- Add coconut oil.
- Add Almond Oil
- Add essential oils
- Add food coloring
- Mix together until a thick paste is formed.
- Press into a square cold or store in an air-tight glass jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.
PIN for Later!