This Hearty Beef Taco Salad is a quick, easy meal that has you sitting down to eat within 30 minutes! All of the ingredients are fresh and bursting with flavor that will have your family asking for it again. This fun, festive salad is perfect as the main entree or a side dish welcomed at potlucks!
Taco Tuesday is one of my family’s favorite days of the week since Mexican food is something we all enjoy. If you enjoy creating menu plans, add this delicious dish to next Tuesday’s dinner plan. You would also love my Keto Taco Bowls with Avocado Salsa and Martina’s Creamy Tortilla Soup!
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. chili powder
- 1½ t. chipotle powder, divided
- ½ t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 large gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ small red onion, diced small
- 1 c. frozen sweet corn, warmed
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- ¾ c. Mexican blend cheese, finely shredded
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ground beef and season with ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, one teaspoon chipotle powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
4. While the beef is browning, arrange the tortilla strips on the prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with one tablespoon olive oil. Place in the oven until slightly crispy, approximately 6-8 minutes.
6. Combine the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and corn in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with remaining olive oil, chipotle powder, and fresh lime juice. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.