Enjoy a sweet St. Patrick’s Day with these homemade green vanilla cupcakes topped with a cream cheese frosting!
Top O’ the Morning to Ya!
Put your green on so you don’t get pinched and head to the kitchen to make these delicious, homemade cupcakes. No box required! They’re perfect to surprise the kids with or send to a classroom party.
First, let’s start with a quick grocery list of items you’ll need –
- Cake Flour – I prefer King Arthur (Unbleached)
- Sugar – White, Granulated
- Milk – Whole adds a great flavor
- Eggs – We use fresh country eggs from our chickens!
- Butter – I prefer real butter
- Vanilla – Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract is amazing
- Baking Powder and Soda
- Green Food Coloring – McCormick‘s is my go-to!
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkles – Try these Shamrock Candyfetti Sprinkles!
These are perfect for enjoying after a Corned Beef & Cabbage dinner, Irish Stew, or Shepherd’s Pie!
How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
Luck of the Irish St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Bring the Luck of the Irish to your home with these delicious homemade St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lynchbur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-recipe-maker/templates/public/fallback-recipe.php on line 42
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup butter (softened)
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 drops green food coloring
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and gather your ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix the wet ingredients, minus food coloring.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mixing well. Add food coloring at this time, also.
- Line a muffin pan with gold cupcake liners. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cakes are fluffy.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Allow butter and cream cheese to soften.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, mixing well.
- Using a piping bag and tip, frost the cupcakes.
- Top with festive St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles.
those look so yummy!