Broccoli was one of the few green vegetables I’d eat when I was a kid. I’ve added to that list since, but I still consider broccoli number one. This side dish pairs well with a variety of dishes including Swordfish & Pineapple Kabobs, Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs, and Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Wings!
Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is full of goodness including the following:
- Vitamin C – Helps to build collagen, acts as a powerful antioxidant, and protects the body from damaging free radicals.
- Vitamin K – Assists with blood clotting.
- Folate – Necessary for the production & maintenance of new cells.
- Fiber – Promotes healthy digestive health and can help lower cholesterol.
- Potassium – Mineral/Electrolyte essential for the function of nerves and heart contractions.
- Half-Sheet Roasting Pan – Choose a large pan with sides to ensure you can spread the broccoli into a single layer.
- Food-Grade Silicone Baking Mats – Turns any pan into a non-stick surface, eliminating fattening oils, messy sprays, and expensive parchment paper. They make clean-up easy!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Fresh broccoli florets, rinsed and drained
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dried dill
- Bacon, crispy and crumbled
- Yellow raisins
- Sunflower seeds, toasted
- Fresh parsley
Combine the broccoli florets with the olive oil in a large bowl, and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently toss to combine and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding.
Remove broccoli from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- 6 c. fresh broccoli florets, rinsed and drained
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 T. sugar-free mayonnaise
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- ½ t. dried dill
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- ¼ c. yellow raisins
- ¼ c. sunflower seeds, toasted
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped + extra for garnish
2. Combine the broccoli florets with the olive oil in a large bowl, and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently toss to combine and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding.
5. Remove broccoli from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 880mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 9gSugar: 13gProtein: 15g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/11/2019