Instant Pot Cakes Recipes have become a new favorite obsession of mine! They are a lot more moist because of the steam, but oh so worth it. If you have a craving for a cake that resembles the texture of bread pudding, you’ll want to give this a try.
What is Sun Drop?
In simple terms, it’s a soda. Specifically, it’s a citrus soda that is bursting with lemon, lime, and orange flavors. One sip and you’ll fall in love! My personal favorite is the glass bottles that contain a little pulp.
If you don’t have this bottle of deliciousness in your area, reach out to the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and request it! Sun Drop is available on Amazon for $16.99/12-pack if all else fails.
Can I use other drinks?
Yes! It can be interchanged for any soda/soft drink that you desire! We’ve tried it with a variety of our favorites.
Which pan can I use in my Instant Pot?
Tools & Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Instant Pot – If you don’t have one and want to make a standard cake in the oven, try my Southern Sun Drop Cake recipe.
- Instant Pot Springform Pan – I use an 8 qt. pot and the 7″ pan fits perfectly.
- Sun Drop Soda (or your favorite kind!)
- White/Yellow/Lemon Cake Mix – Any work! If you use the white or yellow, I add a teaspoon of lemon juice or extract to the mix.
- Vegetable/Canola Oil
- Set your Instant Pot to 'Saute' mode for 5 minutes and add the 1 cup of water.
- Mix the cake mix, soda, oil, and eggs in a large bowl until no lumps remain.
- Spray your springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour cake mix into springform pan and gently lower into Instant Pot with trivet.
- Change settings to 'Manual', 'High Pressure', for 45 minutes.
- Once finished, to a quick-release and carefully remove the cake from the IP.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 6g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/29/2019