Ever since we learned all about fire and what it can do, we’ve been cooking things outside. Thankfully, we’ve moved from cooking on the ground to cooking on outdoor cookers and grills – we’ve upgraded! We’re using some of the best equipment and technology to cook outdoors, and we’re not limiting our cooking skills to a campsite, either.
Whether you’re looking to barbecue on the deck outside, or you want to cook in the grass at the back of the garden with a firepit, you need to start looking at your options for an outdoor kitchen this summer. You can check out the options with the BBQGuys, or you can gather sticks and create fire (just kidding). Either way, you should absolutely install an outdoor kitchen in your backyard this year – and here’s why!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Why You Need an Outdoor Kitchen:
- The outside world is so much better with food involved. Let’s be honest: eating outdoors, food tastes different in a good way. Sitting in the warm weather and letting the breeze play over your face while you tuck into hot food is just half the pleasure. It makes the outdoors a great place to be – and an outdoor kitchen is a way to add to that.
- You can extend your inside living space. When you have an outdoor kitchen installed, you are going to be able to extend your living room into the outdoors and make an entire extension of your living space without even trying too hard. The simplest of additions to your garden are wonderful but an outdoor kitchen allows you to maximize your relaxation time.
- You can customize it. Having an outside kitchen space is something you can completely customize. You can install roofing to keep it protected from the weather, and you can keep the entire theme of the outdoor kitchen in keeping with the indoor kitchen if you want to. You can choose a deck or a patio to put it on or you can concrete some of the garden and add the outdoor kitchen on top, or you can customize it to have a BBQ AND a grill space. You can even add a pizza oven.
- It doesn’t have to be simple. Your garden can be beautiful, but it doesn’t have to be a simple installation. If you want the plumbing for an outdoor sink or you want proper electricity, you can get it all installed and have the bells and whistles in your new outdoor kitchen space.
- You can enjoy the art of al fresco! As well as the kitchen, you can add a dining space, outdoor rugs and more to expand the outdoor kitchen and make it a real dining area for the whole family and your friends.
- Do you remember camping? Do you remember your days of sitting around the campfire and making ‘smores? So many of us do and if you have an outdoor kitchen, toasting marshmallows becomes the new normal for you. An outdoor kitchen for the summer gives you a whole new level of enjoyment.